We at FameChain endeavour to treat personal information with care and respect. To reflect this we are committed to upholding the statements below.
For what purpose do we use personal information?
- Provide historical and interesting information on people in the public eye
- Respond to your questions or queries made using the site
- Improving the performance and ease of use of FameChain
What information do we use?
- Genealogy, family history events, occupation and business information
- Personal data on extended family, friends and associates
- 'Vital records' such as Births, Marriages and Deaths
- Information collected from cookies
What permission do we have to use personal data?
- Matter of public record
- Public interest
- Required to fulfil a contract
- Consent has been provided
Your personal information is owned by you. If you have any questions or issues with the way in which we are using your data, you have the following rights:
- You can ask to see what data we hold on you (right of access)
- You can ask for information to be corrected
- You can ask us to delete any information we have about you (right to be forgotten)
- You can object to the way in which we use your information
- You can complain to the supervisory authority (See ICO Site)
If you wish to use any of these rights, then you can do so by contacting us via our contact details (below).
Retention and data storage
When we store data, reasonable measures are taken to protect personal information from access by unauthorised persons.
This information will be stored, archived and backed up as part of internal systems which are hosted by cloud service providers.
In order to maintain the accuracy and relevancy of information, we perform data checks annually where possible.
When we do store information, we keep it for the following periods:
- Correspondence not relating to a contract will be retained for 1 year following its creation.
- Data research using publicly available resources will be retained indefinitely.
- Records and documents relating to contracts will be retained for 7 years after the end of the contract or policy.
Other Information will be kept for periods as defined in our retention policies which can be provided on request.
Where else does data go?
As a principle we do not transfer any of the personal information that we hold to anyone else.
Some data does get transferred outside of our organisation to:
If you need more information, here's who can help:
Data Controller Representative: Andy Kyle, is our nominated privacy contact and can be contacted at email@example.com, 01803 833784